Header

Header

Sunday 22 September 2013

A little change to how I normally do things around here...

As some of you may know, the hardest part for me about working through my backlog is choosing what game to play after one has just been completed. Well, I seemed to have found the solution while browsing reddit. It is called, Frag Cake Challenge. Below is a screenshot of what this entails; and it should be interesting to see how this pans out.



Also, here are the most up to date rules found on /FRAGCAKECHALLENGE 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge Rules (Last Updated 12/4/2012).
  1. You must beat every single player game from start to finish on any difficulty.
    1a. With large RPG/Sand box games like Skyrim, you must complete the main story line and the main story line in all DLC expansions you own (ie. Dawngaurd).
    1b. In games where there is no ending or main story line (ex. Terraia and Sim City). You must play at least 10 hours.
    1c. If a game is far too difficult for you to complete (Super Meat Boy) you must complete 15 hours before rule 1 is satisfied.
  2. You must play at least 7 hours of PvP multiplayer or complete every single co-op mission (ie. Left 4 Dead).
    2a. If a game has both you can either play one or the other (ie. Team Fortress 2).
  3. You can either start from ascending or descending order; however, you are not allowed to skip any game except for a few exceptions.
    3a. You can skip a game if playing a game have become impossible in situations like the following:
    .Banned from multiplayer (if the game has single player, you must play single player component)
    
    .An online game (like a MMO) is no loner supported.
    
    .Your machine is not powerful enough to run the game.
    
    .Your OS or chipset is not supported.
    
    .Unresolvable issues that make installation or running the game impossible.
    
    3b. If you already have satisfied rules 1 and 2 on any game then playing that game is optional.
    3c. You may skip a game if there are essentially duplicates in your library (ex. You have both Half-Life and Half-Life: Source), but you must play one or the other. (this also includes Betas (ex., Team Fortress 2 Beta))
    3d. Game Jumping is allowed in situations where you would like to play a series of games in a particular order (such as order of release or in chronological order). In these situations you may jump a head to complete the franchise, once completed you have to go back and continue on as normal.
    3e. If you buy a new game, you must go back and satisfy rules 1 and 2.
    3f. If it is in your library, you have to play Amnesia to the end you fucking baby. Nut up man, it's just pixels.


_________________________________________________________________________________

I am going to change the rules slightly for my own personal challenge. Since right now I have my games organized into categories of something like "Games to play" and "No interest in playing". The games to play section is where the bulk of my games sit, ones which I actually would like to finish, however the "no interest in playing" is where games go which I have picked up in bundles or have played a bit and just did not enjoy them go. So, rather sit through a game which I absolutely hate and just cannot and will not complete, I will still play the game, but I will force myself to play for at least an hour, that way I can say I have played it, given it enough time to make my decision and can move on.  Rather than it sit there un-played and wasted I feel this is probably the best way to go about it. 

So, with all of that - the first game in my list is A.R.E.S


No comments:

Post a Comment