Header

Header

Sunday 22 September 2013

A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda - completed

A.R.E.S has a visual appealing to fans of the old 2D Megaman games, with a futuristic setting featuring robots, lasers and gigantic scripted bosses - What's not to like? Unfortunately overly large and uninspired sprites, rushed animation and forgettable story gave the game a cheap feeling.

As for game play, if you've played any Megaman or any shooter platformer game for a matter of fact, then you've played this. The additional of mouse control is greatly appreciated addition, but actually made the game a bit too easy. Repetitive gathering of in-game resources so weapons can be upgraded and purchased simply isn't suited for a face-paced scroller. Finally, the game is so short, it's over before you know it. It took me two and a half hours to beat. I suppose you could go achievement hunting but I can't see this game ever being played again now.

I only recommend this game if you can find it in a bundle, luckily I did this, so not wasted too much money on it. Otherwise, I'd rather suggest playing one of the many old Megaman games instead.






No comments:

Post a Comment