Header

Header

Monday 7 October 2013

AquaNox 2 - Revelation - skip this game, quickly.

I knew this game was going to be a pain. Right from the start it would not run properly. I eventually got it running after trawling through pages of fixes from Google. The next issue I found is that for some reason, it will not let you take screenshots, whether it be through your Steam bound button or the normal print screen button - nothing.

I started the game...but within minutes of the boring intro and diabolical graphics, even for a game made in 2003. The story was simple, but the dialog was absolutely terrible. Is that the end of the bad points? How does the game play? Well, it doesn't play too badly. But on the other hand, there's nothing here you haven't seen before. When you aren't underwater, you can explore your ship with classic point and click, looking in different rooms and finding different poorly spoken people to talk to about your next objective. You'll come across different towns and cities and be able to buy customization items for your sub - nothing too fancy though. The game itself is a very very basic FPS, slow and clunky controls, but I suppose this makes it feel more underwater.

I couldn't bring myself to finishing this game, really glad to have this one out of the way because I greatly dislike this whole series. Thanks for this terribly ported game, I cannot show you any of the terrible graphics or gameplay since I couldn't take screenshots.  So to make up for it, here's a picture I drew which illustrates the essence of this game.



1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh. For such a straight, factual (subjectively) blog, the sudden MS Paint picture really cracked me up.

    Good job, friend.

    ReplyDelete