Header

Header

Thursday 14 November 2013

7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover - Complete

7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover is a match-three puzzle game, similar to Bejeweled. I've never been a fan of Bejeweled...I've always found the game to be boring, but this game adds a bunch of elements to the formula, and for me, this game succeeds where Bejeweled fails; in providing clear goals as you play. This apparently is the fifth game in the series, but it's the first I've played.

As you play, you have several goals you have to keep in mind. You need to make a match of a certain colour of the colored cells, you may have to get as many resources as possible by making matches with the resources tiles and you have to breakaway the background and make a piece fall to the bottom to complete the level. It was much easier for me to stay engaged with this game as I tried to fulfill every goal on the level.

There's sort of a meta-game where you use the puzzles to build things, but it doesn't do much for me. The story is incredibly stupid, but it's un-intrusive. This is definitely a game build for touch screens, and the keyboard and mouse controls suffer for it. but the only reason you get a game like this is for the puzzles, and I found them fun. The game's tutorial is completely rubbish, unfortunately, and it almost prevented me from playing at all. You must read all the help screens to play.

I'd pick this game up if you see it cheap. There's no shortage of good casual games, and if you enjoy match-three games, I'd recommend this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment