Header

Header

Saturday 19 July 2014

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Completed

Being a huge fan of the South Park TV show I was hugely excited to hear when there was a game being released. Sadly I was always put off by the full price of £40. I waited until this years Summer sale and picked it up for £20 and was not disappointed.

The game takes the style of a turn based combat title, much like Final Fantasy, but it is a much more mellowed down version. I was able to breeze through most combat situations without much attention being paid. The parts of the game which got me scratching my head were trying to work out how to proceed through each puzzle, often at times I had to refer to a walkthrough as I was starting to get a brain hemorrhage.

The graphics and sound throughout the game are exactly the same as in the TV series, so if you enjoy that, you will certainly feel at home here. The ever so crass South Park esk jokes and one liners are here for the world to marvel at.

Story wise, again, very much a South Park episode, you will almost feel like you are watching the show while playing. The length of the main story is about ten hours long, some may disagree but I think that is a little short for a game at full price of £40, but there are plenty of side missions and achievements to go hunting for if that is your thing.

If you are lucky enough to find this game on sale for anything under £20. I would certainly recommend you give it a try if you have ever enjoyed the TV show, however you may not fully appreciate it. Certainly is not worth full price. But for the price I have paid, I still really enjoyed my playthrough.











1 comment:

  1. I love the show, and judging by those screenshots it certainly seems to be along the same lines =P.

    ReplyDelete